Thursday


Today is my birthday. I am officially 54 years old.

Lord, let this feast of my birth be a reminder to me of all the gifts and blessings I have received from You this day and all the days of my life. On this my day of birth, I thank you for my life and all of my blessings and ask for another year filled with Your presence in my life that I may continue to grow in your love and grace.

Some thoughts:

Age is a high price to pay for maturity.
- Tom Stoppard

Growing old is like being increasingly penalized
for a crime you have not committed.
- Anthony Powell

The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
- Muhammad Ali

With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.
William Shakespeare

There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents ... and only one for birthday presents, you know.
~Lewis Carroll

The best birthdays of all are those that haven't arrived yet.
~Robert Orben

No wise man ever wished to be younger.
~Jonathan Swift

Old age has always been 15 years older than I am.

Age doesn't matter, unless your cheese, wine, or something left in Tupperware at the back of the fridge

And in closing:

"So you see, old age is really not so bad. May you come to know the condition! "
-- Cicero


No comments: