Thursday

My Daily Goal


"I try to make everybody's day a little more surreal."
-- Calvin of Calvin & Hobbes

I accomplished this today. Frank, who works on the construction job where I am spending my retirement mentioned in passing that it has been decided that I am “whacked”.
If you understand that drugs and alcohol are the path to construction you will understand the enigma of a 52 year old school headmaster stripping forms and tying steel. (Not to mention lifting and carrying 150 cement blocks onto the second floor slab 15 minutes before quitting time – but I digress)

Nevertheless it is a job that pays well and allows me to come and go as I please. (And I get the strangest looks from people who know what I am doing.)

1 comment:

brenda said...

I loved your blog..finally a real person. Yhanks for the laughs and inspirational thoughts.Your a damn good writer