Sunday

We Were Made for War!

Does the language of the Bible ever seem overblown to you.

Psalm 144
1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoples [a] under me.

I would be satisfied if he just helped me get through next week. This sounds like a reality that I don’t live in. It seems on the level of LOTR. In those stories gates must be broken down, riches hidden in darkness and precious friends set free.
But If there is a war the language of the Bible makes perfect sense.

Isaiah 61:1
He has set me to bind up the brokenhearted
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners.

This is God’s personal mission for his people; the offer is for us all. so we must be all held prisoner to some form of darkness. We just don’t know that the proof for in darkness you can’t see.What has the enemy stolen? Our hearts. Our hearts are hidden by darkness, pinned down held away in a secret place held for ransom - Prisoners of war – that’s a given
The question is not if there is a spiritual battle but Where and How?

1 comment:

R said...

I don't think we want to admit this -- that's why people are having problems with my letter on theooze. We are in a spiritual battle all the time. Thanks for reminding me.