Sunday

Non-negotiables

Recently the question What Are Your "Theological Non-negotiables"? was asked on a message board. Realizing there are many things I think I know but are they non-negotible? Much of what was fixed in stone even ten years ago has become loosened and reconsidered.
Anyway, I came up with my list for now:

  • There is a God
  • You're not God (and neither am I), and though we're created by God we are somehow not in harmony with God or with each other
  • Jesus is God and he demonstrated God's ultimate love for people
  • Somehow, through Jesus' birth, life, teaching, death, resurrection, and ascension we can have a right relationship with God and with each other (both now and forever)
"It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance."
- Thomas Huxley

No comments: