Monday

On Favorite Books:

In setting up this blog and entering the exciting world of blogasphere I have pondered the idea of favorite books while setting up my profile.
Someone said that the only real changes in ones self will be because of the people you meet and associate with and the books you read. I tend to agree with that assessment.
I tend to look at various points of my life through the books that I read.
During High School I read several German authors, it was sort of a deal I made with my German language teacher. I promised not to disturb her class if she let me read. After proving she did not care for my disturbances we compromised on my reading German authors. I discovered Hermann Hesse. The book I mostly remember was Siddhartha. One of the easier to read but influenced my thinking more than any other. The concept of patience was prominent.
My college years were overtaken by science fiction and fantacy. Of course, J.R.R. Tolkien, but also Isaac Asimov and many others.
Lately, (since Christmas) I have been challenged by a set of novels by Susan Howatch – The first in the series is Glittering Images.

No comments: